Tuesday, June 1, 2010

where in the world is courtneycourtney - part 1

One of my journeys this Summer landed me in New Orleans, Louisiana.

This was my first visit to this enchanting city. It's soooo much more than just the craziness of Bourbon Street, jazz and crawfish (yummy!) You can really see the love and pride that its inhabitants have for the land, culture and history. It reminds you that life is about enjoying the company of others and never knowing quite where each day can take you.

Here are some fun friends I found! However, mosquitoes are NOT my friends.

I have always loved shopping in cute little stores, but what intrigued me about these Louisiana shops is the amount of layering that accumulates over the years. Pieces get picked up and their spaces get filled. It all works together. Items are not set apart by seasons or colors, they mix and easily find their place with what is already available. Aisles are lined with antique tables and buffets, frames and trinkets are placed on top of them, walls are spaced with hanging signs, and scarves and even more trinkets are hung from ceilings above. A lot of repurposing older items yet making sure the original purpose and function remains visible.


I did get a chance to spend some time with beautiful little courtneycourtney fans and their fantastic moms. It always amazes and inspires me to see how each child further individualizes each dress. And, nothing like seeing my dresses in action! Will share more inspiration, findings and photos soon!!






2 comments:

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

I can't wait to see where you go next!

KiraLynB said...

Wish I could have gotten to meet you! Sounds like you girls had a blast!

.


Blog Archive